Septic System Tips for Homeowners
- DO contact us to service your septic tank every 3-5 years based on how many people are in your household and the requirements of your municipality.
- DO use a filter in your septic tank.
- DO conserve water by avoiding long showers and using washing machines and dishwashers when you have a full load.
- DO repair leaking plumbing fixtures, even if the leak is small.
- DO divert rainwater away from your septic system.
- DO NOT use a garbage disposal.
- DO NOT park or drive over your septic system.
- DO NOT flush tissues, paper towels, bathroom or baby wipes, cigarette butts, feminine products or medicines down your toilets or drains.
- DO NOT dump paint, paint thinners, pesticides, oils or fats down your toilets or drains.